1.29.2007

Sky Moments

I'm off to bed, but I thought I would quickly post this. I didn't have the greatest day today at all. I slept in through my alarm for over an hour, and was late to help make pancakes at church. I felt sick all morning (at least I wasn't coughing much at all) and was pretty dead by the time I left the church. I headed over to my parents place and slept on the couch for a couple hours. I had planned on getting a few things done tonight, but that never happened. I helped my brother and Dad put together some IKEA furniture, and I promised my brother that I would hook up his internet before I left. I crimped one cable wrong and it took me 20 mins to find the problem. Then, even though he could connect to the router fine and my parent's computer could connect to the internet fine, his computer refused to access the internet. I spent what felt like an hour in a futile attempt to find the problem. I left at midnight and headed for home.

On the way, I pulled over. I used to get out of my car, sit on the back and check out the stars if I was coming home late after a bad day. It sort of helped put stuff into perspective. Of course, once I moved into Edmonton, it was harder to really see the stars at night. So tonight I pulled over and asked God to let me really see the stars because I needed it. When I got out and looked up I was disappointed. I could see the big dipper, but it wasn't that impressive. I was about to get really depressed when I flicker of light caught my eye. I looked north and observed the coolest Aurora Borealis that I've seen in a long time. It was colourful and dancing around wildly. I needed it. God is good.

I tried to take some pictures, but they had died down by this time and you can't really see them. But, the show was for me anyways.





Like I said, God is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
29.1.07
 

I had a bad day yesterday too. Guess I should have looked for some stars... You're loved Matty. xo

I totallly identify with you here. I remember one of those days in my second year of college at what was then called NABC. I was frusturated and depressed walking through the field on my way back from a solo sev-run when God gave me the same beautiful gift; three bright Aurora Borealis running through the sky and meeting above the college campus. It was, like you, exactly what I needed. One of those moments for some reason I can't forget.

I must say that I really miss those Alberta skies. It's good for me to get to experience them vicariously through you...thanks.

At least you get a little dark time in the green space between Etown and the park. A quick moment to catch a dim glimpse. So with that said, keep the sky moments coming.