1.17.2007

Birthday Blogging!

So I'm 21 now. It's sorta awesome. I can now do some cool stuff that I couldn't... well it doesn't open up any real doors here in Canada... but in the States... wow, it lets me... gamble and drink. Hm. Not that amazing. But hey, it's cool because I say it is. I guess I don't feel any more like an adult than I did yesterday. Well, maybe that's not entirely true. A birthday causes you to look back on your past year, and I think I have become more like an adult, but in a good way. Lots of things have happened in the past year that have tested and molded me, and I think I am a better person because of it. I have no idea what the next year will hold, but I am excited. Let me fill you in on a couple things.

I am going on a missions trip to Jamaica during Reading Week (Feb 16-25) with McKernan Baptist Church. I am SO excited! There are about 20 of us going consisting mostly of college and career age people, most of which I know well. We are going to be helping at a boys home, a girls home, an AIDS Hospice and doing a VBS for three days. I can't wait to hang out with some cool kids and share Jesus' love with them. Maybe they can teach me some cool dance moves to go with our worship songs or teach me how to play cricket. But, overall, I think you can describe my mood as ecstatic!

*** Here begins a weird section of this post that you can just skip

Hmm... there was something else I wanted to inform you about... really, I'm drawing a blank. Um, you could check out some of the new features on my blog in the side bar. Yeah, right over there to the right. I updated a couple things, and tied in my last.fm profile as well.

You're done already? I guess there wasn't that much new. Um, could I tempt you with promises that I really am going to update my template soon? You don't believe me? Yeah, I guess you may be right, this site has been under construction for a long time... I'm sorry alright! Oh, and I really will post that entry on Creation soon. I will be attending a Denis Lamoureux lecture on evolutionary creationism that I want to add to my blog entry as well. That thing will be horrendously long by the time I finish it...

*** Back to reality

Ok. I am now tired and I want to go to bed. First off, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! Secondly, Lori, you failed to have Von on my birthday. I was hoping for the best; he might have continued some strange birthday tradition or something. I can't wait until he is here. And in third place, I am waiting in anticipation for the weekend and the Winter Retreat. It should be a good birthday week.

Shalom!

PS I tried to add a photo of "welts" from last year's retreat but it would not work. I guess you will just have to use your imaginations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
18.1.07
 

Happy, happy birthday Matty. Have a wonderful time on your retreat & missions trip. Jamaica was a good choice... xo

that lecture\presentation thing should be quite good, i'm taking his class right now and its quite shiny. anywho, happy bday again and see ya at the retreat