10.09.2006

Happy Thanksgiving

It's that time of the year again. Turkey naps and pumpkin pie, football games and windy weather, meeting family and that day when all of this happens at once. Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel like I should have a list or something with a bunch of things that I am thankful for this year. Now, it is hard to remember all the things that have happened over the year, so I will give a list that is more recent.

Things that I am thankful for since the start of summer:

  • First and foremost, I am thankful that my brother is still here, and while the rollover left him a quadrepeligic, he is still Mike. God has shown me quite a few things since Mike had his accident, and I'm sure that it will continue to shape my view of this life. I love my brother.
  • On that note, I'm thankful for my whole family. You guys rock. Please continue to rock when I move back in with you.
  • I am thankful for Steve and Lori's baby on the way. God had his hand in that one, there is no doubt about it. (You have to say that last sentence with a Canadian accent, seeing as this is Canadian Thanksgiving.)
  • I am also thankful that I am going to be the favourite uncle. (I could use any advice at how to achieve that cause it is going to be hard with Mike being able to give them a rides and having all the cool power toys...)
  • I am thankful for Terri-Lynn. She is waaaay too good to me.
  • I am thankful for being able to work at McKernan again this year. I grow so much because of that experience, I love it.
  • I am thankful for good friends and always knowing I have a couch to crash on after a hard day if needed. (I am also thankful that I can still kick all their butts in Halo 2).
  • I am thankful for my small group. They are an amazing group of Christians that have helped me grow spiritually and supported me when I needed it. I don't think I could have got through this past summer without you guys. Thanks a million.
  • I am thankful for my expanding like of new and different music. Thanks SONiC and Mike.
  • I am thankful for school. I know that it may sound weird, but I really enjoy the reading I do and the mind that my Liberal Arts education is giving me. It feels like I couldn't even think before I really got into this stuff. So a thanks has to go out to some of my profs too: Williams, T. Dubs (although I never call him that), Grentz, Joost, Wilson, Korner, Duquette and Fisher (the lessons I learn don't always come from the classroom). Thanks for sharing your love of the Bible, knowledge and life with me. Ok, so that last paragraph doesn't sound too weird there are a ton of things about school that I'm not that thankful for, but that doesn't mean I can't like a good portion of it.
  • Lastly, and most importantly, I am thankful for my relationship with God. Without it I would be totally lost and a completely different person. It's all because of what He has done in me.
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
-Psalm 30:11-12

Ok. I'm all done. Time to watch the football game. Go Esks! We need this one!

comments:

Well...good luck competing with the power toys. That's going to be a tough one to beat! You'll have to spend a lot of money on him (or his dad) to gain that "favorite" title.

Now, thankful for Taylor? Are you feeling okay? I guess with the guys you listed that I know...I'll agree. They're pretty good guys. But they school may need a little help.