10.18.2006

Your viewing habits revealed...

Just thought I would post a quick message to all you who visit this blog. It seems that 50% of you view this blog with Firefox. That's a whole 2% more than Internet Explorer. And in case you were wondering, the rest goes to Safari. So congrats Firefox! You truly are the better browser.

Firefox 2

*****Update*****

I really am making a difference. Over 60% of you now use Firefox. I know that IE7 just came out, but Firefox 2 just came out. Firefox is much better and allows so many cool extensions that you just don't get in IE. For example, Firefox is checking my spelling as we speak. If I write "eachother" it puts a dotted line under the text so I can click it and change it to "each other." Look Mom! No more random spelling mistakes posted to forums or comments or blogs!

PS I use StatCounter.com to get this and other anonymous information from those you view this blog. If you don't want this or any other site to track you, just disable or reject the cookie it sends you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
18.10.06
 

Yay Firefox - Your my hero!
So who uses Safari?

I have a feeling that it's Cait. Just a feeling... I mean she's all Apple all the time so I'm guessing she uses their browser. (And also assuming that she visits this blog every once and a while.)

Mmmhmm! It is I, the cookified Safari user, here to read the blog of Matt Barker and ensure that a Mac browser gets at least 2% of the page loads on the Blog of Matt. Anything remotely related to Apple, Steve Jobs, or Californian design is innately fabulous, and my heart brakes at the thought of all my dear friends going without the wonders of Macintosh computers and the various applications that accompany them. I cry nearly every day over this tragedy. (Or perhaps I prefer to rant about how Bill Gates is the embodiment of beauty-less-ness. Either or.) No other browser has a brushed metal user interface, a gorgeous icon, or iTunes jukebox software. Even Allan's insanely massive monitors can't quite compete with the cute little apples that reside on the front of my family's computers.

I do, however, use Firefox on occasion, particularly when I need passwords to engage in various internet-related activities. I can't use my feet to navigate the internet without Firefox to remember my passwords, resulting in a lack of necessity for that pesky keyboard. After all, employment of feet to control the mouse makes for much more indulgement of lethargy. I'm certainly not among the 48% of this blog's readers who use a certain program from a certain company that seems to have no issues stealing ideas and exploiting their customers. No copycat Microsoft software (besides Word...) for me!

Alright, I suppose that that's enough anti-Microsoft vitriol for one blog comment. I limited it to two blurbs! I hope you are proud. As for the blog, Matt, it's great to read your thoughts, and get my fill of missile launch footage! Blogs are my procrastination modus operandi of choice, next to cleaning and fiddling around with music. Thanks for the opportunity to break from the mundane, and peruse some originality and insightfulness!

P.S. It is currently 3:30. I have been editing a paper for an excessive period of time now, and cannot be held responsible for what I just typed. Ys;df ejv sd.

Update:

It looks like my post may have made an impact... (mind you I only see the stats of the last 100 seperate people to view my blog)

Firefox: 57%
IE: 38%
Safari: 5%